Bloom


I’ve been trying really hard this year to stay consistent with all things social media related, and had the feeling that I was doing pretty good with it.  Then I remembered here.  The blog...the poor lonely always neglected blog. So much for my happy proud of myself moment.  No I won’t bore anyone reading this with words saying I’m going to do better, or how even after 2 years I still don’t have a clue for this.  Let’s just jump right in and talk about...well whatever my rambling mind comes up with now.

We are now in May and the last couples of months have been very busy and full of changes for the businesses.  We have done a couple of shows with our canvas print art and are thrilled to have stepped so far out of our comfort zone.  We are now adding metallic photo prints, which we are super excited about.  Our last show we added some drawn art work on canvas done by Cheyenne. Plus we are starting to put some of our work on canvas bags. (This last one is still in the phase of just for our commercial clients.) 

I have finally embraced the fact that it is alright to not want to do certain kinds of work.  That it is perfectly fine to just be me creatively, and people who say they don’t understand it and I should do something like everyone else, don’t have a say in what I choose to do.  I get to make the choices for my business. I’ve chosen this year to have the courage to bloom.  To stand out in the crowd if need be.  To be the only one who understands my work, and to no longer let it bother me when I hear the words from others that “You should...”. 

I think for all of us this is a very difficult things to do, and some of us will spend a lifetime reminding ourselves.  It is alright to be exactly who you are, or what you want to be.  It is also alright to say I chose to bloom and no longer care what others have to say.  Remember to just Be You!

Comments

Popular Posts