Confidence


So for the last week or so, I have been very focused on all things related to my businesses social media.  Sorry to my clients that I have been taking a short break from doing theirs for them, but ours has to grow also.  Don’t worry though, we will be back with you all next week.  Anyway, in our office the topic has been about what do we do on our social media.  Photos are a given and easy enough for us to pull out because as of today we have 6 years worth of clients archived, and I will admit that pretty much every day there is something that catches my eye to shot a photo of.  It isn’t as simple as just posting a photo though.  There is more to it than that.  It is how do I share a story with anyone that might be reading.  I look at photos that I have shot and in my memory I have stored the moments that lead me to capturing that photo.  When I see them posted by any of my clients (commercial or personal) it triggers those memories.  Moments captured not only in photographs but in my memories.

When any of us look at any kind of art work, we all have our own take on what it means to us.  The photo posted with this may make some people smile, because the person in it is smiling.  Some may like it because of the feeling, some may not.  Some may take a close look at it and have the feeling that it is someone who is tired and wants to be done because it has been a very long shoot.  Which by the way is the reality of this photo.  Thankfully the woman in the photo had the ability and confidence to keep pushing forward.  There it is!  That last sentence.  That is the reason why I am drawn to this photo.  That is why I chose it for this post.  The ability and confidence to keep pushing forward! If you read our blog post a couple of days ago about our upcoming 6 year anniversary, you would have read about how we almost quit at the end of our second year.  Obviously we didn’t though because today is 6 years.  I don’t know where the confidence to keep going came from, but I know that it is there.

Last night I was having a conversation with Cheyenne (aka worlds best assistant ever!) and we landed on the topic of confidence and being Mom I pointed out to her how very proud of her I am.  I have watched her confidence as an artist grow by leaps and bounds this year.  She looked at me and said I’m proud of you too because you are setting the example for me to follow.  Some how this whole thing translated into this is how we share ourselves and our business here on all of our social media.   We have tons of stories behind every session we have ever done.  Some way more crazy than others by the way.  I will admit this whole social media thing...it shakes my confidence.  I ramble!  There is no way to deny that fact.  If you have read anything on here from the last 6 months you can see it.  I titled this post confidence because when I started it I had a great idea for a post and now I’m just not sure that I have stayed anywhere even close to the tracks I started out on. There again though is the base line of what I wanted this to be.  I will keep pushing forward in the hopes that even person gets it.  Confidence to keep trying, keep going is basically what it all boils down to for us.  For all of us.  Oh and maybe in about 6 more years I will have a better idea on just how to share ourselves with this whole thing known as social media.  Of course it will have changed yet again, but we will keep pushing forward regardless.

Comments

Popular Posts