Take time

"Old things are better than new things, because they've got stories in them."
~Unknown~
In an attempt to reset the mind and hopefully stop the distraction that has ruled most of my last couple of weeks, I did something very wild today.  I took the whole day off to just do life things.  I know...how odd right?  Early morning trip to drive oldest daughter and son in law to the airport.  A trip to the grocery store, oh and a nap!  There was of course the whole cooking of dinner and enjoying a dinner with family.  It has been a great day for me and probably something that I really needed to do. 

The photo is the remains of an old ranch building which I just love.  Whenever I find things like this I wonder what stories they would tell if only they could talk.  I'm sure that the people that once used it were always very busy and worked very hard daily but I hope that they also took a day every now and then to just relax some and enjoy life with those around them.  

Comments

Popular Posts