When you just aren't sure

"I swing between procrastination and being really thorough so either way things aren't getting done quickly"
~Freema Agyeman~

So even though I have lots of photo's that I have taken in the last couple of weeks, today I'm just not sure just what I want to post about.  Well I made the comment out loud in the office and the next thing I know I'm hearing things like why don't you make a post that is super meta and in that moment I just suddenly felt the WTF moment that was about to be.  These moments lead to me having to ask "what does that mean?"  Then I get to hear the explanation that leads to me having even more WTF moments, and even longer explination time.  So now my question is does anyone else feel that way?  For the most part I feel that I am intelligent but sometime as I listen to my 20 something daughters talking to me or to each other, I just feel like I really no longer even have a clue!

So what does the whole thing above have to do with photography?  EVERYTHING!!  Not knowing how you want approach a session with a client because they don't have any idea's about what they really want makes you take that step back and crawl into the creative box.  (Or if it is really crazy making maybe find a bottle of wine.).   Either way sometime the WTF moments are great things because they push you to learn more, and to try harder.  Now I'm still not sure just what I've learned here today other than sometimes it might be best to just be quiet about my procrastination with writing up a post and maybe don't tell anyone to let the super barky dog outside with me while I'm trying to type!  So now I'm thinking forget all things photography.  Forget about trying to type up a post and just go find that bottle of wine because my own procrastination has not paid off very well for me here today and things really aren't getting done very quickly!

Comments

Popular Posts